A MONK Bretton teenager has spoken of his miraculous escape after a lump of concrete was thrown at his car as he drove down the M1.
Nathan Littlewood said the fist-sized object, hurled from a motorway bridge, became lodged in the top of the windscreen.
He and his front seat passenger were showered with fragments of glass.
Police officers later told the 18-year-old, who only passed his driving test a year ago, he was lucky to only suffer shock and minor cuts in last week’s incident.
He was giving two friends a lift home from a night out in Wakefield on Monday July 4 when the attack happened.
Just after midnight, as he was driving southbound under the bridge carrying Keresforth Hill Road in Dodworth, he heard an a crash.
He said: “At first, I thought there was a gaping hole in the windscreen but it was just stuck on the top. “I stopped on the hard shoulder and I was shaking so much that when I rang the police, I couldn’t talk to them because I was stuttering so badly.”
He added: “By the time the recovery wagon turned up, there were three vehicles pulled up on the northbound side and two of us on the southbound.
“The guy behind me had a rock through his passenger side, if that had happened to us, it probably would have killed my friend who was sitting there.”