‘NEIGHBOUR from hell’ Dale Scott has been banned from entering his home and had the contents of his garden, garage and shed removed in the presence of police and council enforcement officers.
Neighbours claim the appearance of the house, owned by his mother, has rendered other houses in Knollbeck Crescent, Brampton, unsellable and effectively worthless.
The house has now been boarded up with steel shutters. Mr Scott is banned from trying to enter it after the council served an emergency prohibition on safety grounds.
Enforcement officer Tariq King said the property was in a filthy and verminous state and the electrics were unsafe.
On Tuesday an untaxed and uninsured car, gas canisters, broken children’s toys, car engines, parts and tools were all taken away from the garden because of what the council call their ‘visual impact on the neighbourhood’. The council will issue him a bill for the work.
Neighbours say Mr Scott has been a neighbour from hell for about five years. Several residents say they have been continually plagued by scrap cars, tonnes of scrap metal and junk filling the front and back garden, car fires and garden fires, continual running water which floods neighbours’ gardens, running motors and generators, and loud banging into the night.
On Monday Mr Scott said he had been making an effort to clear up the mess and was now being treated unfairly. He said: “I’ve been working non-stop to clear it up. I know it’s been a mess and I’m trying. But they won’t let me in my own house to sort it out, and they’re going to come and take my kids’ toys, tools and everything else from my garden. How can they do that?”.
Police, enforcement officers and clearance contractors arrived the following day.