A COUPLE'S dream wedding has been left in tatters after the hotel suite was double booked.
Katharine Priestley and Paul Jones were due to hold their entire wedding - including ceremony, reception, evening do and overnight accommodation - at Tankersley Manor next month.
Despite booking the hotel in October last and paying a £1,000 deposit the heartbroken couple were told on Wednesday the Tankersley Suite which they hired to accommodate 90 day and 150 evening guests had already been booked. Arrangements so far have cost about £8,000.
Katharine, 27, said: "There is no way we could get 150 guests in the room they are trying to palm us off in without it being a health and safety risk.
"I am heartbroken to be quite honest and haven't stopped crying, I don't know what I am going to do."
A spokesperson for Tankersley Manor said: "We’re obviously disappointed that on this occasion we haven’t lived up to Miss Priestly and Mr Jones's expectations.
"We do our up most to ensure all our events run smoothly, but on this occasion human errors have occurred. We are working with the couple to find a solution that will ensure a happy day and can only apologise for the disruption already caused.
"We are conducting an in-depth review of our procedures to ensure this doesn’t happen again in the future, and will also be contacting all our existing bookings to confirm their details are accurate."