A DRUGS gang labelled the ‘Zombie Line’ which terrorised Barnsley’s streets - while generating more than £70,000 a month - has been dismantled following an extensive police operation.
The drug line, operated by Caleb Goulding and Salem Galab, was suspected to be supplying class A drugs in the Barnsley area, mainly cocaine.
In December of 2024, a covert operation came to a conclusion when armed officers stopped Goulding while he was travelling in Birdwell.
He was quickly detained and upon a search was found to be in possession of a suspected burner phone and £1,000 worth of cocaine in his trousers.
Galab was detained shortly after in Sheffield, and over £5,000 worth of cocaine was found inside the vehicle he was travelling in.
A later search of Goulding’s home address also uncovered more suspected class A drugs, with over £80,000 worth of cocaine being located by officers, alongside more mobile phones and cash at both Goulding and Galab’s addresses.
Drug experts and analysts conducted thorough enquiries following the arrests, and despite both men not commenting during their police interviews, both pleaded guilty to two counts of conspiracy to supply drugs, with Goulding further pleading guilty to possession with intent to supply class A drugs, when they appeared at Sheffield Crown Court on May 12.
They both appeared at Sheffield Crown Court last Friday, where they were sentenced to a combined 12 years and four months.
Goulding, 27, of Gregg House Road, was sentenced to six years and two months for two counts of possession with intent to supply class A drugs and conspire to supply class A drugs.
While Galab, also 27 and of Wensley Close, was sentenced to six years and two months for driving while disqualified, and two counts to conspire to supply class A drugs.
Alieu Ceesay, 45, of Widdop Croft, Sheffield - who also appeared at Sheffield Crown Court in May - was sentenced to nine months in prison for permitting the use of a premise for the supply of class A drugs.
Terri Wyatt, who was also charged with being concerned in the supply of class A drugs and possession with intent to supply class A drugs, also appeared before court in May.
She pled not guilty to all offences and all charges have since been dropped.
Detective Constable David Gregg, who was the officer in charge of the case, said he was glad that the drugs line had been dismantled and praised officers for their work during the Barnsley-led investigation.
He said: “This operation has ensured a significant amount of drugs have been removed from our communities, with those responsible now spending time behind bars.
“We know that the supply of drugs is linked to serious organised and violent crime, with the effects being felt most in local communities by the residents in those areas.
“This is why we are dedicated to bringing those responsible to justice.”