SHOPPERS have been flocking to Lundwood’s Netto supermarket after fire ripped through the New Lodge branch.
The store on Pontefract Road has been busier and staff from New Lodge have been deployed there since the blaze in the early hours of last Wednesday.
A spokesperson for Netto said: “It will be rebuilt but I can’t say anything about how much it might cost. Staff from New Lodge have gone to Lundwood and so have a lot more customers.”
It is expected to be another three months before the New Lodge store reopens but the three ward councillors have pledged their support to Netto to get the shop reopened as soon as possible.
Coun Len Picken said he had been in talks with council leader Steve Houghton and the council is willing to help in any way.