THE ATTEMPTED abduction of a 13-year-old boy in Thurnscoe has brought a complaint about alleged lack of police interest.

His mother was amazed to be told that no further action would be taken as he wasn’t pulled into the car.

“I’m so disappointed that the police have done nothing, and disgusted that you have to wait until your child is taken before something is done about it,” said Sharon Chesman.

Ryan was walking across a supermarket car park with his three brothers when a dark red car drew up alongside and a man in the back seat ordered him to get inside.

They ran into the supermarket and alerted staff, but the car drove off when they all ran back outside.

“A woman officer at Wombwell police station on Wednesday took some notes and said she was going to see her superior, then came back and said that as they didn’t take Ryan there was nothing they could do about it. They didn’t even take a statement off him.”

The incident occurred between 7.30pm and 7.40pm on Monday. Ryan and his ten and 11-year-old brothers had been playing football in the park when they decided to buy a bottle of pop from the supermarket.