IVAN Zucco will be looking for a far better result than his beloved Inter Milan – who lost 5-0 in the Champions League final last Saturday – and is hoping to stun the home crowd when he faces Callum Simpson at Oakwell on Saturday.
The 29-year-old Italian is, like Simpson, unbeaten as a professional – having won all 21 of his fights, 18 by knock-out.
This will be his first 12-round fight while he is a couple of inches shorter than Simpson.
Callum told the Chronicle: “I am expecting a top-quality fighter.
“He’s been the mandatory challenger for the European title since the start of this year. I didn’t pick him, my promoter didn’t pick him, we’re number one and two challengers in Europe after the previous winner vacated.
“He’s got more knock-outs than I have had fights, and he’s very experienced.
“I am expecting a good fight and a hard fight.”
Promoter Ben Shalom added: “We know Ivan Zucco well. He beat another fighter of ours a couple of years a couple of years ago, Germaine Brown.
“He’s very well thought of in Italy, he has a huge knock-out ratio, 18 out of 21.
“Callum has a huge test.
“It’s a 50/50 fight.
“But with a full house at Oakwell and the atmosphere that goes with it, hopefully that can bring it home for him.”
Zucco previously told the Chronicle: “Callum is taller than me but he likes to fight which is good for me because I like to fight too. He fights at home and he has more pressure than me.
“It does not matter to me if the public is against me. I will come here to win.
“Many fans will come from Italy which is a pleasure for me.”