Josh Earl is ‘pretty much nailed on’ to be involved at Lincoln City on Tuesday while Marc Roberts is '50/50’ and Nathanael Ogbeta won’t play this week, says Barnsley boss Conor Hourihane.

Roberts came off last Tuesday in the EFL Trophy at Port Vale while his fellow defender Earl has been out with a back issue.

Head coach Hourihane told the Chronicle: “They have both been on the grass in the last couple of days. They will both be considered for the game and we’re hoping they will both be involved. Robbo is more 50/50, Josh is pretty much nailed on.

“We will have to see how Robbo comes through training today. If he’s with us, great if he’s not then we expect to see him involved on Saturday. I think everyone was worried it would be four to six weeks but it’s obviously a very tight runaround.”

Left-back Ogbeta picked up an injury last week. Hourihane said: “Nate will probably be after Leyton Orient (on Saturday). It’s nothing long-term which is positive. This week we will have to make do with no Nate for Lincoln and Leyton Orient.”

Georgie Gent and Fabio Jalo both returned from long-term injuries in the 1-0 win at Peterborough in the FA Cup on Saturday.

Hourihane said: “Georgie is a bit further ahead. He now is in a place where we can consider him for squads if needed.

"There is a reserve game tomorrow for Fabio. He will get minutes in that then, after that one, Fabio will come into contention for first team squads.

articlempu1

“He needs more minutes, he’s been out quite a while obviously. He played 45 in a 21s games then 45 as planned on Saturday. He looked a lot brighter and sharper than maybe I thought which is great.”