SEVEN Barnsley girls were lured in by two men who offered e-cigarettes, money, alcohol and drugs before they were sexually abused, a jury was told this week.
Bawan Harwe, 28, and 21-year-old Sharam Muhamadi - who lived in Doncaster - are currently on trial at Sheffield Crown Court charged with more than a dozen counts of sexual abuse.
Harwe was known to the young girls - aged between 12 and 15 - as ‘Karo’ and Muhamadi was known as ‘Jack’.
Prosecutor Claire Holmes said the alleged offences against all seven Barnsley girls had taken place between June and August 2024.
Ms Holmes said the girls - who became known to each other due to them attending the pair’s address - were given various quantities of money for clothes and make-up.
She confirmed that Harwe had previously pleaded guilty to one count of rape of a girl under 13 - a 12-year-old.
At the court on Wednesday, a police interview with one of the victims - aged 14 - was shown to the jury after she came forward in November 2024.
She described how she first became in contact with Karo over the school summer holidays when he was selling e-cigarettes on social media platform Snapchat.
He allegedly told her that if they met he would give her the items for free.
Having met multiple times over a period of a few weeks, the alleged victim told the police interviewer that Karo asked her to give him oral sex, which she refused and told him ‘we are just friends’.
Karo, who ‘always had money in his inside pocket’, began to ply the girls with money and alcohol - as well as drugs such as marijuana, the jury were told.
Girls allegedly went to their house in Doncaster where they drank alcohol and the 14-year-old recalled returning to the living room after going to the bathroom and believing that something had been put in her drink.
The victim then entered Harwe’s bedroom and that is when the rape allegedly took place.
She told the police interviewer that he removed her underwear before putting his ‘willy’ inside her and then putting his hand over her mouth because she was asking him to stop.
After the incident, the victim said she could remember thinking ‘I don’t want this to happen’ and ‘I don’t like this’.
In a separate police interview with another alleged victim at the court yesterday, the jury heard that another youngster - also a 14-year-old - travelled from Barnsley Interchange to Doncaster via Meadowhall with a female friend, said to be involved with Jack.
She told officers that she was given alcohol and marijuana by Karo which made her become disorientated before claiming she was raped twice.
“I remember having double vision and not being in a good headspace,” she said.
“I was a virgin so I was just so panicked when I was raped - I said I was in a relationship but it continued for about five minutes.
“It was very painful for me.
“He stopped when my friend walked in - I think he was a bit embarrassed that he was caught.
“I was raped again later, I tried getting away but he held me against him and was strong.
“I just kind of blacked out afterwards.
“He then called us a taxi and we were basically kicked out of the house.”
Harwe denies six counts of rape and ten other charges, including false imprisonment, while Muhamadi denies two counts of rape and three counts of facilitating travel for exploitation.
The trial - which is expected to last for four weeks - will resume today.