MORE than 50 outpatient appointments were rearranged at Barnsley Hospital after junior doctors said they would take strike action.

They had planned to strike on December 8 and December 16 over proposed national changes to contracts and a demonstration was held outside the hospital on Saturday.

But it was called off at the 11th hour after last minute talks.

A spokesman for Barnsley Hospital said robust measures had been put in place following the announcement of strike action by the British Medical Association

Read more in this weeks Barnsley Chronicle